The Trunux delivery terms define the agreements with the business partner concerning the way the goods are delivered. The delivery terms can include the point of title passage.
The point of title passage is the point at which the legal ownership changes. At this point, the risk passes from the seller to the buyer.
On the relevant order documents, LN prints the following information:
- The delivery terms code
- The place specification
- The text you attach to the delivery terms
If the delivery terms do not include a place specification, LN prints the place specification of the point of title passage if one is supplied.
You can define points of title passage in two ways:
- In the Terms of Delivery you can define generic points of title passage. This means that you can indicate that the point of title passage is either the point of origin or the point of destination. For the place specification you can then select a part of the ship-from or ship-to address, for example, the city, the country, or the postal address.
- In the Points of Title, you can define specific points of title passage, for example, that correspond with specific addresses.
The point of title passage can consist of an address defined in the Addresses session. In that case, for the Place Specification you can select an address part of the address. LN prints the place specification of the point of title passage on the order documents if the delivery terms do not include a place specification.
You can select a default point of title passage for your business partners in the following sessions:
- Sold-to Business Partners
- Buy-from Business Partners
You can select or change points of title passage, for example, in the Manual Sales Invoice Data or Purchase Orders sessions.
You can define delivery terms in the Terms of Delivery session. If you use the Incoterms delivery terms, enter the Incoterms codes in the Term field. LN prints this code on the order documents.
In the Terms of Delivery session, for the Point of Title Passage Category you can select one of the following:
- The point of origin
- The point of destination
- A specific location that you manually enter on the orders
If the point of title passage category is Point of Origin or Point of Destination, in the Place Specification field you can specify an address part of the ship-from or ship-to address.
If the point of title passage category is Named Location, in the Place Specification field you can select one of the following values:
- To indicate that the point of title passage location will be manually entered on the orders, select Named Location
- To use the place specification supplied for a specific point of title passage defined in the Points of Title Passage session, select Not Applicable